Orthodox Easter - what is your favourite holiday?

 

Easter cake and eggs


Today is a Russian Orthodox Easter Day and we start the day by saying "Christ has risen!" and hearing back "He truly has!" and having Easter cakes and coloured eggs for breakfast. This holiday has always been my favourite for its timing - spring, for its message  of hope and light, for my mum's delicious cakes and the tradition of "egg tapping", for my sweet childhood memories. 

I am not a very religious person in the formal sense of the word, I do not believe in organised religion, but I have nothing but respect for Jesus Christ as a person - for his kindness, his humility, his ability to forgive. 

So on this day I just wanted to write about the importance of Family, Love, Kindness, Forgiveness and Peace. Happy Easter!

Comments

Popular Posts